BMW F800 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all I’ve not been using my bike much for last several years due to family illnesses …..blah blah…

Anyway now starting to get back out on my 2007 F800st With approx 15k miles.

I have been reading posts on here trying to get back up to date.

One thing I can’t work out from posts is if there has been any further recalls to my bike since it was last into a dealers, particularly the rear bearing. My rear bearing was inspected in the early days of the problems happening and they said it was OK. I am not having issues yet but looking at some posts it appears people have had replacements free of charge. Is this something I should look at Pursuing ? Did BMW ever take this a step further and offer to replace those pre 2009 models ? Or is the fact I have had that cursory check many years ago mean I wouldn’t be eligible etc ?

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Call your local dealer and see if its eligible

·
Pope Flook
9,404 Posts
I had my 2008 done, originally I had to pay for it, but I was re-imbursed after BMW covered it here in the UK. There was a shed load of fuss in different counties about that. But BMW came good in the end.

What part of London are you from cb83783?

Flook 😎

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
I had the rear bearing on my ‘07 ST checked under the recall ( or whatever BMW called it to cover their ass ) in January 2014 @ 18,000 miles In Seattle Wa.
It was found to be within tolerance so the dealer said It was fine.
I then asked him what if it fails at a later date, the dealer said if it fails within the next 5000 miles BMW might cover it under goodwill or some such, he really didn’t know.
I later asked another BMW dealer in Portland Oregon the same thing, they said BMW couldn’t be expected to cover it forever.
So…what I understand from this is once BMW inspects the rear wheel bearing, & finds It to be within spec they are no longer responsible, you’re on your own, good luck.
I could be wrong, but I don’t think so.
Anybody understand differently?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts