BMW F800 Forum banner
161 - 180 of 206 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Tire Wheel Sky Cloud Plant
Car Land vehicle Vehicle Plant Vehicle registration plate
Wheel Tire Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive lighting

Bought it end of last year, picked it up day before Christmas. In the pictures together with my old "ride", a Piaggio MP3 500 scooter, with my 1 Series "Bimmer" and on the road last weekend when it was finally warm enough to drive again, with the snow and ice gone!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hey Pete , Im looking to get a new exhaust . I'm just purchased my first bike ever ; 34 years old and finally got myself a bike, luckily enough my first was a F700gs! I bought preowned 2013 , only 3400 miles though so she's practically brand new. She sounds more like a lady i want her to sound more like a MAN! Any suggestions?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Here are a couple of recent photo's of my 1st bike ever! My F700gs . Purchased her through Cycle Trader ; 2013 3400 miles, she belonged to the sellers wife and was garage kept the entire time so she's in immaculate shape and they've kept her maintained beautifully. I'm not really motorcycle savvy , however, i am looking to learn obviously . I was lucky enough to get paired with a seller who is an enthusiast and kind enough to help me out along the way; he's the one who turned me on to F800 and Advriders so I consider my self blessed to have a "mentor" if you will. I"ve been doing some riding since i brought her home for the first time. Purchased her on Thursday of last week. 2/23. Originally he had a lot of extra's on the bike that we was looking to sell as a package deal but i felt i didn't really need all of the extras, well actually i felt i wanted to purchase my own to my own liking. I had him remove a custom made winds screen he had made, a skid plate, custom gear shifter, bark-busters, Photo charger that he had run to his battery supply.

Since my purchase i've purchased the following: Cyclops Hi and Lo beams 4000 Lumens lite kit. Hasn't come in the mail yet but i'm looking to self install on those when they arrive. I've purchased a Dark Smoke Visor for my Shark Skwall helmet and the Scorpion Exo 700 he gave me in the deal.

I purchased a riding jacket by Bilt and and some racing boots - I"ve purchased the Sena 10s blu tooth head set. I really want to get a nice wind shield because I'm getting a tremendous amount of wind blast when i ride on the freeway , so much it scares me and i dont really feel too comfortable riding on there so much.

I have a question - will a windshield cut down the wind blast the moves my bike when cars pass or just from a windy day? It literally feels like I'm going to be blown off the road or off the bike, i feel like i will loose control sometimes the blasts are so great. Is there anything else that i can look into that would help combat this wind blast issue that i"m having.

I'm a shorter rider - 5'4 , heavy set 220lbs but I'm losing weight... Started on a regiment so that i can lose and become a stronger more fit rider. Wheel Tire Land vehicle Fuel tank Automotive fuel system
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Fuel tank Automotive fuel system
Wheel Tire Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive fuel system
Wood Machine Flooring Personal protective equipment Boot
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Fuel tank Automotive fuel system

·
Registered
30 Posts
My First Bike EVERY _ 2013 F700 GS - 3400 miles ,excellent condition and i love it! SO i'm looking for great places to ride in the area i live in - Dallas / Arlington Texas Area. How can I locate other riders in my area and more specifically great riding places near by?? Wheel Tire Sky Vehicle Plant
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting

·
Registered
474 Posts
Keep a watch on the TWT forum, they have weekly get togethers in that area. As far as your wind concerns, the GS will never be a 'ride in a bubble of calm air' type of bike, but there are solutions to modify the blast. Ask in the F700 threads for advice. And in riding in the wind, your problem is common with new riders. The main thing I find is that you have to do what your body tells you not to do, which is relax. Relax your grip on the bars and let the bike have it's own head. With a death grip, the wind moves you which transmits the movement to the bars. You just need time and experience on the bike and this will sort itself, but always... relax your grip. A lot of your concerns will be sorted, or not seem as important as you gain experience. Ride it for a few thousand miles, then worry about sorting things out.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Love it! Very nice pick ; just picked up my very first bike ever! Being 34 years old and never having owned a bike prior to this one. I'm a pretty short guy *5'4 so i was looking for an adventure bike that allowed me to touch the ground, this was it! 2013 F700gs all the way!
'

·
Registered
30 Posts
Keep a watch on the TWT forum, they have weekly get togethers in that area. As far as your wind concerns, the GS will never be a 'ride in a bubble of calm air' type of bike, but there are solutions to modify the blast. Ask in the F700 threads for advice. And in riding in the wind, your problem is common with new riders. The main thing I find is that you have to do what your body tells you not to do, which is relax. Relax your grip on the bars and let the bike have it's own head. With a death grip, the wind moves you which transmits the movement to the bars. You just need time and experience on the bike and this will sort itself, but always... relax your grip. A lot of your concerns will be sorted, or not seem as important as you gain experience. Ride it for a few thousand miles, then worry about sorting things out.
Rich - I will say thank you! This advice has been extremely helpful as i found when i relax my grip the wind tends to blow my body opposed to the bike ; So i can see now with a better screen it will only get better. I guess it was a reaction to want to grip the bars even harder when i felt the wind which now makes sense that the bike was being pulled because of my grip! So thank you sir very much, i've been able to now ride better in the wind.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
...I'm a pretty short guy *5'4 so i was looking for an adventure bike that allowed me to touch the ground...
'
Hey Joey, I'm exactly as short as you [lol], I currently ride a F800R with extra low saddle (for 8years and 70km so far), and I'm thinking to buy a 700GS (when this one will be to old, sadly).
I've heard of Hyperpro progressive spring that "squat" one inch, more or less, when the pilot is on the saddle, don't even know if yours is a lowered model or not.
How do you feel abotu this bike handling?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Just installed these $17 flood aux lights. Almost done with the farkles. Still looking for a headlight guard that I like.

So far: givi crash bars, ax-fied, givi hand guards, comfort seat, Mirage 2 fairing with lynx screen, mra x-creen spoiler, double USB plus voltmeter, fog/cornering lights, hyperpro -30mm suspension kit, cyclops low and hi beam led kit, vario cases, foot brake extender, akrapovic exhaust, moose racing skid plate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17 Posts
Made the mistake of spending all my time checking the AdvRider forum instead of this one, probably because this is called F800 and I have a 700. Just did a bunch of catching up here and it looks like a much better choice. So here I am and here's my new toy. 2017 model with less than 400 miles on it. Bike came with all premium package options. Ordered it from dealership two states away and had it shipped to my home. I sprained my ankle right after my first ride, then my wife and I vacationed in Croatia for two weeks. I'm now back in the saddle, but the ankle is not helping my form. I figure next season will be make up time planning on a lot of daily rides to build up the miles.

Mods since purchase have been Puig crash bars, grab-on neoprene grips, Kaoko throttle lock, rim stripes, trimmed front fender and 1" inch trimmed off top of screen to drop wind shear below helmet. I also bought an Af-Xied, but waiting for 1000 mile stock baseline before installing it. I put a Seat Concepts cover on my Christmas list and will be putting EBC HH sintered pads on the rear for more tactile control and estop confidence. I find the organic rear pads soft and non-responsive for my 100% street riding. Not something I'm comfortable with on my rural riding in deer country.

Great bike. Looking forward to lots of riding in the future. 56 mpg on my first tank.

Attachments

·
Registered
127 Posts
Have my F700GS one month now, got ~850miles on it, break in service has been done.
It's been an interesting month, seeing/feeling/hearing the bike evolve, it's gotten quieter and smoother since driving it off the lot with 2 miles on it.

I added:

- Puig Engine guards (Just in case)
- SW-MOTECH Skidplate (feel better about covering oil filter in particular)
- MRA X-CREEN Sport (trying to get air over me at 6'2" without changing stock windscreen)
- Delkevic 18" Oval slip on exhaust (I like how quiet the bike is, but do like engine to sound a little more like motorcycle, quiet while cruising, sounds great with open throttle, great price and service by Delkevic.)

Oh and I just fixed my first rear puncture today, yay? Not really, nice clean nail too.
At least I know the RDC works really well

Current X-creen location is experimental, seems to work best in this "not as intended" location.
Can't wait to ride more, work only gives me Sundays to do it though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17 Posts
Thanks Morfic. The garage was drywalled when we moved in 5 years ago. I finish painted and put in baseboards and blinds. I also replaced the recessed tungsten bulbs in the ceiling with bright daylight LED bulbs that are an amazing addition. Before adding the baseboards, I rented a floor grinder and applied concrete sealer to finish it. The mat under the bike is 1/8" vinyl. Being an attached garage, it actually stays fairly warm in the winter and cool in the summer. Everything is insulated, including the overhead door.

Keep us posted on that screen performance. I probably should have tried that before I trimmed an inch off my factory screen. I like the color :)

161 - 180 of 206 Posts