BMW F800 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ordered the 22 inch windshield and they sent me the wrong parts THREE TIMES! Ultimately got a refund but have three shields and two sets of hardware. The wrong parts are the brackets that don’t line up with the holes in the shield. The company said the problem is the angle. I just installed the brackets to the plate and pushed them, with arm strength, out to an angle that lines up. So now I have an extra full shield, plate, bracket, instructions, and hardware that fits a 2008 ST, if you push the brackets out a bit to align it with the shield holes. I paid $282 for it, but things as they are, I’ll sell it for $100 and shipping. As a public service announcement, I would say Madstad has some serious business practice issues.

· Registered
1 Posts
Or perhaps quality control issues?
I was considering getting this Madstad windshied for my F800S, but after what you described - I am hesitant. Is there any play or wobbling of the screen when riding over bumps and/or at highway speeds?

After you have installed it, has your riding experience improved at highway speeds?
Also, what is your height? They recommend 22 inch screen for 5'11" and taller (180+ cm) riders.

· Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No wobbling. One adjuster knows did come loose but since I cranked it down, no problems. The wind noise, buffering, and general protection is greatly improved. It’s finally quiet. I’m 5’10” but also put two inch bar risers on, which brings my posture up a bit. The edge of the shield is around mouth height when riding.

· Pope Flook
9,508 Posts
I have the Madstad screen near ten years now (2013). Have never regretted it, so variable. Now set so wind is over the helmet, can have flip front raised when doing sixty with hardly any wind noise or helmet vibration.

Highly recommend the Madstad, may look a tad awkward but who cares, it works and works brilliant.

Flook 😎

Ride well and ride Safe

· Registered
19 Posts
Ordered the 22 inch windshield and they sent me the wrong parts THREE TIMES! Ultimately got a refund but have three shields and two sets of hardware. The wrong parts are the brackets that don’t line up with the holes in the shield. The company said the problem is the angle. I just installed the brackets to the plate and pushed them, with arm strength, out to an angle that lines up. So now I have an extra full shield, plate, bracket, instructions, and hardware that fits a 2008 ST, if you push the brackets out a bit to align it with the shield holes. I paid $282 for it, but things as they are, I’ll sell it for $100 and shipping. As a public service announcement, I would say Madstad has some serious business practice issues.
Reckon it would fit my 2007 ST ? Let me know.
Thanks
Ted

· Registered
22 Posts
¿Still available shield and brackets?

I so...do you know if it is possible to send them to Spain at a reasonable price???

Thanks in advance

· Registered
7 Posts
DJR, did you order the windshield system that is advertised for the F800S model and installed it on an ST? I have an ST but the Madstad website only shows a system for the "2006 - 1010 F800S" model. Do you know if it will fit my 2012 ST? I cannot seem to get a response from Madstad.

· Pope Flook
9,508 Posts
Apumotor, the Madstad screen comes in two sections, the base is the important bit. This has three holes to secure and should be similar to the ST in its fitting. The screen is universal to any model bike as this fits onto two adjustable brackets.
Hope this helps

· Pope Flook
9,508 Posts
Apumotor, just been reading about a low screen fitted from an S to an ST, it seems it has exactly the same fitting holes, so a Madstad screen from a S will fit to the ST with no issues.
Please let us know if you go ahead an get one.

Cheers Flook

1 - 11 of 11 Posts