BMW F800 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, is anyone running a Lithium LiFePO4 battery in their 800gt?
What are your experiences?
Is there a risk of damaging the charging system on the bike?
Does anyone know the dimensions of the original battery?

· Registered
461 Posts

· Administrator
11,450 Posts
Hi, is anyone running a Lithium LiFePO4 battery in their 800gt?
What are your experiences?
Is there a risk of damaging the charging system on the bike?
Does anyone know the dimensions of the original battery?
I have been using a lithium battery in my F650GS, my R1200RS, my Yamaha FZ1 and my Royal Enfield Bullet for at least the past 3 years and they all have worked very well. especially when starting the bikes. They spin over very rapidly in the morning, have been maintenance free and the bikes' charging systems keeps them all fully charged during a ride. I tend to hook them up to a lithium battery charge maintainer after a ride and it will only run for a few minutes before the green light comes on indicating the battery is fully charged.

Interestingly the lithium battery that I installed in my 2011 Royal Enfield Bullet 500 has been working perfectly for the past 11 years (the original Indian-manufactured flooded battery was crap) and it has never failed me, in spite of that bike's very basic charging system.

So I can recommend any name-brand LiFePO4 battery, if you can deal with the initial cost. But as always, do some research regarding the brand's reliability on the internet. Like all products, there are good ones and bad ones, especially as almost all batteries are made in China.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts