BMW F800 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've perused the site for several months and enjoy the experiences, insight, and sage advice of all.

Picked up a blue '16 GT 14 months ago and have put 12K on her. Upgrades include Knight Design lowered pegs, V-Stream shield, Kaoko throttle lock.

Based in Allen, Texas, I've been on two wheels since '68 and a middle weight touring rider since the early '80's on a Honda V45 Sabre. My "F" is my first beemer, so after a year of getting to know this ride she let me know that her name is "Chug". I know ya'll git it!

I've been primarily a solo rider, but also run with a bunch of fast moving codgers on K16's, GS's, RT's, RR's, in the Lone Star BMW Riders club (our HD riders eventually catch up).

I look forward to interacting with the Forum and to crossing paths on the road.
Wheel Tire Sky Vehicle Plant

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
g`day mate, how`s the GT compare to the V45? a friend is buying a V45 at the moment.
G'day! Keeping in mind that there are 30 years of engineering advancement in the '16 F8 and an '83 V-45 Sabre. Still, the small Sabre would still meet my spec today. BMW was the only maker with what I deemed to be a real mid-weight sport touring rig. ADV's are the trend. The first generation Honda V-4's were great for mid-weight touring, much less vibration than the Rotax, similar power at 82HP, water cooled, shaft drive. The Honda carried more weight which helped on long tours and cross-winds. Like my F8, the seat sucked so I put a Corbin on the Sabre. Much improved. I've had great reliability with both bikes doing my own maintenance. Sold the 45 with 68K on the clock and no major repairs. Have only had the beemer 16 months and put 13K trouble free miles on it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts