BMW F800 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First post.
I have a 2015 F800GT, recently the hazard lights have stopped working, both indicators work correctly using the lefthand (handlebar) rocker switch and the instrument cluster is in full working order registering both indicators.
When attempting to activate the warning hazard lights via the red button on top of the lefthand switchgear, nothing happens.
At eyewatering cost I have replaced the lefthand switchgear and the issue continues. I have inspected the wiring to the switch, the plugs, sockets and wiring to those plugs and all look in good order.
Have you had the same issue or similar? I'm now at the point of booking it into a garage but was hoping to draw on the knowledge of this forum before I commit to more eyewatering bills.
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Check the voltages at the switch and see if power is getting to it. If the indicators work independently, i would assume its the switch at fault.

Reactions: r1150gs1

·
Registered
467 Posts
If you have access to a diagnostic tool (GS-911) that has a real-time data capability,
then display the binary signal of the Hazard Light switch. This would verify the input to the electronics computer is good. The switch delivers a binary (momentary toggle signal) to a specific input to the computer. This signal triggers a program that fires the front and rear turn signals. If another binary signal from the switch is received, the program halts and the turn signals stop flashing. If the signal gets to the controlling computer, then either the computer is faulty (needs reprogramming) or the output to the front and rear turn signals is not good (wiring or connectors).

Do you have any after-market interfaces to the turn signals?

·
Pope Flook
9,406 Posts
Welcome Perry, I see you made it here👍
I hope everyone can help you

Ride well and satay safe
Flook😎

1 - 4 of 4 Posts