BMW F800 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hallo members,
I am an F800 user. It was not charging the battery so I replaced a regulater. While replacing I had an electric short circuit and the headlamp, horn, speedometer, fuel gauge and flash indicator stopped working. Can anyone have an Idea what is faulty?

· Premium Member
11,387 Posts
There is no fuse box on the F800. The CanBus system controls the power to each device and shuts down the supply if too much power is drawn.
They should reset themselves. But I'm not sure how a regulator connection could impact the CanBus because you were only working with the power feed to the battery.
Have you tried disconnecting the battery and leaving it a while to clear down and then reconnecting.
Also re the charging issue it could be the Stator in the generator. These are known to short out and fail.

Reactions: Max R

· Registered
526 Posts
The stator is the more likely suspect when there is a charging issue.

Sounds like you may have damaged the ZFE which controls all chassis electrics (not the CAN-bus).

Try hooking up a diagnostic tool like a GS -911 or Motoscan to see if you can read any fault codes. If the ZFE is damaged it may not even respond.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts