BMW F800 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks, I just changed all my brake pads and rotors, back brake is fine, so is the front - until I start the engine, then the lever comes back to the bar unless I pump the lever, but even then it losses pressure quickly. Any suggestions? Tia

· Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I didn't change the fluid, as it had been done a few months earlier, but it seems odd that the issue only happens with the engine running? With the engine off the brakes work fine?

· Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
As I recall, the GS-911 diagnostic tool has a service function that will exercise the ABS system (normally done after bleeding the brakes). Look into it 🏍
Ah I was hoping there wouldn't be a "special' tool required, I took it in for it's mot, the mechanic bled the system and got air out, but it came back - there's no fluid leak that either of us have seen, so hopefully it's just something simple

· Administrator
11,439 Posts
Try leaning your bike on the side stand, tighten the brake lever as much as you can, then wrap a tie around the lever and bar grip to keep it pressing on the brake and leave it overnight. Sometimes that can help to get any air out of the line.

· Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Try leaning your bike on the side stand, tighten the brake lever as much as you can, then wrap a tie around the lever and bar grip to keep it pressing on the brake and leave it overnight. Sometimes that can help to get any air out of the line.
That's a really good tip, I think I first used that trick on an ER5 - unfortunately it didn't work this time, I tried that before taking it to the garage - but thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts