BMW F800 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Administrator
11,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is a fellow who plans to YouTube-it around the World on a Zero electric motorcycle. Good luck finding charging stations outside the UK, EU and NA. This could be an interesting channel to watch:

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
You mean to tell me they don't have electricity outside the UK, EU, and NA?

All he needs is an electrical outlet.

·
Administrator
11,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The problem is that it will be hard to find a L2 charging station outside of first-world countries that are gearing up for electric vehicles. The Zero's L2 charging system will pull around 6.5K watts, if he is riding the premium version, which will allow him to recharge and continue on his journey in about an hour. But Zero's on-board 110V charging system only charges at a rate of 1300 watts and will take about 12 hours to fully recharge his battery.

Reactions: TheMeteor

·
Registered
33 Posts
I am following him. He doesn't seem to mind the L2 charging rate. I have two Zeros and know how long a full recharge takes (10 to 12 hours)! One thing in his favor is he rides real slow. My Zero SR would get about 150 miles at the clip he rides. He doesn't need L2 anyway, because the charge time is the same between and L2 charge and a 110 or 220 volt wall plug. He's a bit naive about his Zero and the issues many of his model's owners are having.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts