BMW F800 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Akrapovic slip on exhaust for the BMW F700GS and F800GS is an excellent performance exhaust if you like quiet mufflers, and dislike having money lol

I picked up an Akrapovic used from a guy in Ottawa for $700 Canadian. He happened to be coming to Toronto for a concert so I said bring the pipe with you.

I installed it, test rode it, compared it to stock, and even compared it to a baffled Leo Vince exhaust on a G650GS. Honestly, I like the G650GS sound better at this point.

The Akra suffers from what is known as quiet ass pipe syndrome, aka Euro-4 compliance. The tone is deeper than stock, but not necessarily louder. The baffles aren't removable without taking apart the entire exhaust (part of Euro 4 rules). You'll get a marginal, unnoticeable performance boost.

Overall there are better ways to spend $1,000 in my opinion, but please have a look and let me know what you think.

New to the twin after thoroughly loving my 650 single, and always learning. All feedback, knowledge, suggestions, whatever, are welcome.

· Premium Member
2,312 Posts
I wanted to shave a few pounds off my bike without pissing off the neighbors with noise so I went with:

The description said:
Delkevic 18" carbon fiber oval mufflers are manufactured from a pre-formed carbon fiber composite sleeve and 304 stainless steel. This muffler has the quietest, deepest tone of mufflers we offer. This will be the closest sounding to stock available and best for long haul trips.

I've had it for several years and several long trips and it's holding up fine.

I do wish the main mounting point was rubber-bushed for vibration isolation like the OEM unit,
but you can't get everything for $280 bucks?

I've looked around for other mounting options but so far not found anything clever....

Reactions: adri

· Premium Member
2,312 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts