BMW F800 Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

· Registered
39 Posts
Unfortunately this isn't a new idea, other options like this available (at a lot more than this will cost and a bit more clunky mind [:D]) and with the advent of most bikes now being fly by wire, cruise will become common place just as it is in cars. So I'm not going to go down that route however I'll be flogging these on eBay as I do my mirror extensions when I'm happy with it for probably about £25>£35ea once I've properly worked out time and material cost ect....
Appreciate you putting your best advice forward though. if it was 20 years ago it would have being worth doing - but if it was 20 years ago I also wouldn't own a 3D printer [xx(] or pubic hair [8)]
looking forward to seeing it on ebay.

· Pope Flook
9,509 Posts
Tris, how are things going. Made/sold any yet. Any chance of f800riders discount around 10/15%:cool:

Flook

Reactions: Tris1993

· Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Hi All,

Been really struggling with this design to get repeatable results on my FDM printer. Been looking at the SLA printers for a while now and with the advent of ABS like resins available I now think they will be up to the task of light duty mechanical parts such as this one.
Long story short, I’ve taken the plunge and ordered one - hopefully should get some really positive results so after a little bit of set up and testing I should have these on the market soon.
Should be within the month, will keep you updated!

· Registered
5 Posts
Looks good Tristan. I will have to check out my ST to see if it would fit. I see by your video that the leaver you pull down would grip the throttle, if so, this would be suitable for most bikes of other make as well.

May I offer some advice, do what I did not do when I put a camera and a monitor inside my van to see where I was reversing (in 2001). That is trade mark your design ASAP, that way not only would you get all the credit, but any manufacturer would have to pay you to make these.

All the best on your efforts.

Flook[8D]

PS, if you need a guinee pig for testing on an ST let me know[:D].
Flook is correct, you'll want to protect your intellectual property. The RP photos posted are now public domain. Especially if your execution is applicable to other manufacturers, or any twist throttle motor vehicles. I have a '16 GT and will be excited to be your customer when available to replace my Kaoko.

· Premium Member
2,312 Posts
If this will work on the BMW F650GS / F700GS / F800GS series I'm in for one!
Looks great. I tried the Atlas brand but ... did not work reliably for me ...

21 - 25 of 25 Posts